Violation of potency is one of the most painful issues for men. The decline in the quality of sexual relations affects all other areas of life, causing considerable concern. The intense rhythm of life, poor nutrition, bad habits – all this inevitably affects the health of men and threatens the development of erectile dysfunction. Is it possible to avoid this situation? What should every man know about this sensitive issue?
Prevention Helps Avoid Erectile Dysfunction
Reasons for decreased potency
A theoretically healthy man can have sex throughout his life without experiencing any problems in this area. In practice, it turns out that already after the age of 40, many men complain about the occurrence of erectile dysfunction. There is a decrease in libido, the duration of sexual intercourse increases, difficulties arise with maintaining an erection and achieving an orgasm. What is the reason for such significant changes?
The following conditions can lead to a decrease in libido and the development of erectile dysfunction:
- chronic diseases that disrupt the flow of blood in the pelvic organs;
- endocrine disorders (including overweight);
- physical inactivity;
- poor nutrition;
- bad habits;
- mental illness;
- living in an environmentally disadvantaged area;
- psychological problems.
Finding out the causes of decreased potency is the first step in prevention
Step one: go to the doctor
Erectile dysfunction is one of the most common sexual problems in men. Increasingly, young men are becoming susceptible to this ailment – aged about 40 years or less. And until recently, impotence was considered almost exclusively a psychological problem, now experts have revised their opinions. Many doctors believe: the reason for the decrease in potency lies in the pathology of the internal organs. Having got rid of the underlying disease, a man gets the opportunity to return the joy of a sexual life without any additional manipulations.
The following diseases most often lead to impaired potency:
- Metabolic syndrome – a condition in which the sensitivity of tissues to insulin is disturbed, fat, carbohydrate and protein metabolism change. It is accompanied by an increase in weight (waist volume more than 94 cm, body mass index from 25), increased blood pressure, increased levels of glucose and cholesterol in the blood.
- Hypertension is a persistent increase in blood pressure of more than 140 mm RT. Art. It is accompanied by damage to the heart, kidneys, brain and peripheral vessels.
- Diabetes mellitus (including that caused by obesity) is a condition in which insulin levels decrease or the sensitivity of cells to it is impaired, which leads to the development of hyperglycemia (increased blood sugar) and vascular complications.
A number of pathologies lead to a decrease in potency
In the context of this pathology, a decrease in potency should be considered as a special case of endothelial dysfunction. For one reason or another, there is a lesion of the vascular wall, a decrease in its elasticity and turgor. The blood flow through the vessels slows down, the prostate and other organs of the genitourinary sphere do not receive oxygen in the right amount. The functions of the genitals are disrupted, which leads to a decrease in potency at a fairly young age.
Other problems that can lead to impaired potency:
- sexually transmitted infections;
- urinary tract pathology;
- prostatitis – inflammation of the prostate;
- benign and malignant tumors of the prostate and adjacent organs;
- diseases of the spine and other parts of the nervous system.
How to avoid erectile dysfunction? Experts recommend:
Visit to a urologist – at least 1 time per year
- Visit a urologist regularly (at least 1 time per year) for a routine examination.
- Timely treat all emerging diseases of the genitourinary sphere (contact a doctor at the first complaints and follow all doctor’s recommendations).
- Monitor weight, blood pressure, and blood glucose.
- Contact the therapist if you have any health problems and do not delay the treatment.
- In time to diagnose male menopause. Take medications recommended by your doctor.
Step two: reduce weight
Erectile dysfunction often occurs in men with obesity and metabolic syndrome. Not surprisingly, because excess adipose tissue in the abdomen is the place where there is an increased synthesis of estrogen – the female sex hormone. At the same time, there is a suppression of testosterone production, which leads to a decrease in potency in men. Weight correction and maintaining normal body weight prevent the development of erectile dysfunction and provide an active sex life for many years.
Reducing excess weight contributes to:
- Rational nutrition (consultation of a nutritionist will not interfere).
- Active lifestyle (sports, fitness, yoga, swimming, hiking).
- Taking medications that contribute to weight loss (only as directed by a doctor).
If you can’t get rid of the problem on your own, you need to consult a doctor to select the optimal diet and develop an individual weight correction scheme.
Step Three: Get Rid of Bad Habits
Smoking and alcohol contribute to impaired blood flow in the vessels. Nicotine and alcohol suffer from all internal organs, and the genitourinary sphere is no exception. In turn, giving up bad habits not only helps prevent problems in sexual life, but also significantly reduces the risk of developing hypertension, atherosclerosis, myocardial infarction, stroke, and other serious diseases.
Getting rid of bad habits reduces the risk of developing serious pathologies
Step Four: Eat Right
Good nutrition is not only about weight loss. The following useful elements must be present in a man’s diet:
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) – has antioxidant properties, protects blood vessels, strengthens the immune system. Source: fresh vegetables, fruits, berries, greens.
- Vitamin E (tocopherol) – activates the work of the sex glands, is a powerful antioxidant. Source: nuts, sea fish, oat and barley groats, spinach.
- Vitamin PP (nicotinic acid) – normalizes the pancreas, affects the metabolism of carbohydrates. Source: nuts, seafood, beef (liver), legumes.
- Selenium – normalizes the function of the prostate gland, has antioxidant properties. Source: nuts, legumes, seafood, cabbage.
- Zinc – activates the metabolism, affects the functioning of the prostate, improves sperm quality. Source: liver, cheese, nuts, legumes, lamb, pork, turkey.
- Omega-3 fatty acids – restore the hormonal background, activate metabolism, improve blood circulation to tissues. Source: seafood, vegetable oils.
Vitamins and minerals must be present in men ’diet
With a lack of useful elements, the doctor may recommend the use of synthetic multivitamins to normalize the functioning of the genitals and the overall strengthening of the body.
Step Five: No Stress
Hard work, emotional and physical overload, complex relationships in the family and the team – all this can lead to a stressful situation. After all, harmony in work and personal life largely determines the quality of sexual relations. What kind of potency can we talk about, if the problems that have piled up prevent us from falling asleep, become the cause of constant nervousness and irritability? First of all, it is necessary to remove the disturbing factor, change the lifestyle – and only after that return to the situation exciting every man.
The problems that arise are resolved together
Particularly noteworthy are relationships with a partner in the context of erectile dysfunction. Do not write off the exclusively psychological problem of reducing potency. If a man is completely healthy and does not have serious chronic diseases, you should seriously review your life priorities, establish relationships with the second half, and resolve any differences (including in bed). Conflicts and disputes are not the best background for a safe sex life.
Step six: go to the pharmacy
If simple methods do not help, the achievements of modern medicine come to the rescue.
For the prevention of decreased potency in men, agents containing the following elements are used:
- Omega-3 fatty acids – maintain the necessary level of sex hormones, activate metabolic processes, improve the state of blood vessels, normalize blood flow, start regeneration in tissues and improve sperm quality.
- Alpha lipoic acid – affects the metabolism of lipids and enzymes, activates the endoneural blood flow of the genitals, is a strong antioxidant.
- Vitamin E – protects the vascular endothelium and affects the metabolism of sex hormones.
Some herbs are also used to stimulate blood flow in the genitals. Well-known medicinal plants such as bay leaves, sage, juniper, saffron, celery, ginger, parsley, rosemary, coriander. All spicy seasonings also stimulate blood flow due to mechanical irritation of the urinary tract. The rational use of herbal decoctions in combination with the methods of traditional medicine helps prevent sexual dysfunction and get rid of problems that have already arisen in the sexual sphere.