It is believed that the cause of infertility couples hidden in a woman. This is because man is difficult even suggest that he may be sterile and see a doctor for an examination. But in each of the fifth pair (according to the source https://www.andrologyaustralia.org/your-health/male-infertility/) the cause of infertility is male.
Obvious symptoms of this problem usually does not. Sexual intercourse takes place with a normal erection and ejaculation, but pregnancy does not occur in a woman. Fertilization occurs in the presence of sexual intercourse at any time during the 5 days before ovulation (source – http://www.webmd.boots.com/fertility/features/male-infertility-treatments). If after a year of regular sexual intercourse without protection measures pregnancy does not occur, and the woman is gynecological healthy – makes sense to think about infertility man.
Causes of problem
Male fertility is entirely determined by the quantity and quality of his sperm. To determine these parameters, you need to see a specialist, who will appoint the necessary examinations, such as semen analysis. This study shows the presence of sperm pathology, if it is, for example:
- Insufficient level viable sperm in the ejaculate
- Lack of activity, inactivity sperm
- Complete absence of sperm
Anatomical pathology leading to infertility in men
According to the above–stated sources, there are a number of purely anatomical causes of male infertility:
- varicocele (varicose veins directly into the epithelium of the testis)
- torsion of the testis in the scrotum
- blockage (occlusion) of the channel on which the sperm comes from the testicles to the penis
- the absence of the vas deferens
- undescended testicle (congenital pathology)
- the effects of vasectomy
Other factors affecting fertility
- excessive use of alcohol
- the use of anabolic steroids
- acceptance of narcotic drugs
- the effects of radiation exposure
- the consequences of infections, sexually transmitted diseases
- hormonal imbalance
- spinal cord injury
- pituitary tumor
- retrograde and premature ejaculation
- drugs and chemicals
- antibodies to their own sperm
- problems with the pituitary gland, may be congenital, or the presence of a tumor
- problems with the prostate, surgery on it
- wearing tight clothing (permanent squeezing of the testicles)
- erectile dysfunction
Treatment of male infertility
Correcting this problem is totally dependent on its cause. Anatomical problems may be eliminated surgically. Hormone trubls – correction of hormonal background. Tumors consequences – by treatment and removal of tumors. In other cases, it is sometimes enough to change the way of life – reduce weight, normalization of diet (to give up fast food, add fruits, vegetables and animal protein), wear comfortable clothes.
In cases that can not be adjusted, the doctor will find out if there are viable sperm in the testicle (testicular biopsy). If yes, it can be implemented by the method of fertilization by intrauterine insemination or outside a woman’s body.
Reproductive medicine can give you a desired pregnancy
Modern medicine knows so much. If there is a viable sperm, it is mixed with eggs and produce IVF (in vitro fertilization). Then the egg is placed in the uterus, and pregnancy occurs. For the procedure takes only a few viable sperm.
When sperm is not only small, but they do not have sufficient activity, then one can enter into the egg using tiny needles, and then place the fertilized egg in the uterus. This manipulation is called ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection).
Never lose your hope and be happy!